You are the captain of a starship, free to venture anywhere in the universe. The ship and crew are yours to command, upgrade, and customize. Stay loyal to your starting faction, abandon them for others, or play all sides to your own ends. Galactic events & faction quests across eight different eras await your discovery, but every playthrough is first and foremost your story. What kind of captain will you be?
You’ll find a wealth of options in this epic, in-depth space RPG from Trese Brothers Games…
• Play as any kind of captain: Spy, smuggler, explorer, pirate, merchant, bounty hunter… more than 20 jobs with their own bonuses & roleplaying possibilities!
• Customize your own spaceship: Choose from 350+ upgrades and 45 ship hulls to build a vessel perfectly suited to your adventures across the vast reaches of space.
• Recruit and tailor a loyal crew: Assign talents and equip specialized gear for every spaceship crew member.
• Weave a new narrative on every playthrough: Decide to make friends or foes with other factions and influence political, economic, and personal vendettas.
• Your choices change your crew: As you make decisions and set the tone for your ship, your crew will grow and change to match. Destroy enemy ships with all hands on deck and your crew will become more bloodthirsty and savage. Explore distant worlds and loot dangerous wastelands and your crew will become intrepid and clever… or scarred and half-mad.
• Explore a rich, open universe: procedurally-generated characters and even galaxies allow for endless possibilities. Change map options to create a universe gigantic or small as fits your playstyle.
• Choose your own difficulty: From Basic to Brutal, or fully customizable individual options. Play with save slots to try out different builds or storylines or turn on character permadeath and enjoy a classic roguelike experience.
• Achievement unlocks: accomplish story and challenge goals to unlock additional optional (not better) content like new starting ships and new starting contacts.
If you’re a sci-fi fan, you’ll recognize many of our influences, but the lore of Star Traders is a universe of its own…
First there was the Exodus – when survivors of a great war left the ruins of the Galactic Core behind in search of a new home in the stars. Scattered worlds were claimed on the fringe of the galaxy. Each pocket of survivors held on to an isolated set of worlds while trying to rebuild under the great law of Shalun. Three centuries later, technology has brought them back together again. Discovery of the hyperwarp has bridged what was once an unimaginable distance between far-flung colonies, long-lost families, and political factions.
With that reunification has come great economic prosperity. The hyperwarp reestablished the transportation of cargo, goods, and technologies between the quadrants – but it has also brought great strife. Political rivalries have been rekindled, blood has been shed in age-old feuds, and the fires of war have been stoked. Amidst the political infighting, a ruthless revolution is rising – and the fervent explorers of the hyperwarp have awoken something that was better left asleep.
Star Traders: Frontiers is the latest and most expansive Star Traders game to date. Our very first game, “Star Traders RPG”, took hundreds of thousands of gamers on an interstellar adventure. Its success and overwhelmingly-positive reception helped to launch Trese Brothers Games. It was the adventures of our community’s star-crossed captains that put us on a trajectory to share more of our worlds, ideas, and dreams.
We set out to capture the loneliness, bravery, and camaraderie of people living together in a spaceship sailing across the stars. It is with great pride that after releasing four other games in the Star Traders universe, we’ve created a sequel to the original Star Traders RPG.
Step onto the bridge of your starship, take to the stars, and create your own story in Star Traders: Frontiers.